Friday, November 16, 2012

Guest Blogger Helena Harker

Yes, it's Friday at last! Thinking about the weekend? I know I am! Today I have a guest, author Helena Harker, who's answered my infamous Rick Reed questions, and is going to tell us about her latest release, Master's Submission. We're hanging out in my kitchen, so have a seat and relax, while I start the coffeemaker and Helena answers my questions.










The Questions
1)      You’re marooned on a small island with one person and one item of your choice—who is that person and what item do you have?
Johnny Depp! I love his ability to play characters that are so different from one another. And I’d bring my Kindle, so I could read any book I wanted.














    2)  Which musical would you say best exemplifies your life – and which character in that musical are you?

Hmmm, I don’t watch musicals, so I can’t say I know how to answer that. Oh, wait a minute! Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady. I have undergone a transformation since beginning to write erotica. That’s how I feel, like a woman transformed!

   3)    Take these three words and give me a 100 word or less scenario using them:  disadvantage, overlooked, prefix
I was sitting at the coffee house with my crossword puzzle, trying to find 2 Down, “a prefix”, when Sam pulled up a chair and joined me. Oh God, did he have to show up now? After last night’s argument? Seriously? Apparently, my A cups weren’t big enough for him. Figures. My breasts had always been a disadvantage. I’d been overlooked a lot because I didn’t have 36Ds like a lot of other women out there. “Sam,” I said. “Go away. We’re done.” And I turned back to my crossword.

(Did you have to put the word “prefix” in there? LOL. That was tough!)

4)      You’ve just been let loose in the world of fiction, with permission to do anyone you want. Who do you fuck first and why?
Vampires, lots and lots of vampires! Can I have Vampire Bill from the Sookie Stackhouse series? I’d have Eric Northman as well! Vampires are hypnotic, romantic, powerful, and when they suck your blood when you’re having sex, you get the most amazing orgasm!



5)      What is your idea of how to spend romantic time with your significant other?
Dinner, champagne, chocolate and a pair of handcuffs! (Well, maybe Velcro restraints instead, because handcuffs hurt and leave marks!)


6)      When you start a new story, do you begin with a character, or a plot?
A bit of both. I tend to picture a character in a specific situation, so for me, the two go hand-in-hand. For “Master’s Submission”, I pictured a submissive woman who was given the opportunity to be a Domme for a change, and the idea really scared her.

7)      If they were to make the story of your life into a movie, who should play you?
Helen Hunt. She’s ordinary, down-to-earth, doesn’t stand out much.  And that’s how I am.













8)      Who’s your favorite horror villain and why?
The Vampire Lestat. Does he count? He is tormented and evil at the same time. I hate him and feel sorry for him.

9)      Do you have an historical crush and if so, who is it?
Actually, no, I don’t! Can’t think of one, anyway.

10)   Is there a story that you’d like to tell but you think the world isn’t ready to receive it?
I think the world is ready for pretty much anything these days. I don’t picture myself writing anything that is so objectionable that readers aren’t ready for it. I write BDSM, which is edgy, but if the world can handle Fifty Shades of Gray, it’s ready for my writing too!




Thanks for stopping by, Helena, it's been a blast!

Until next time, take care!

♥ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment