Monday, November 12, 2012

Next Big Thing Blog Hop and What I'm Working On

My friend Sharita asked me if I'd like to participate and I said sure! I think the idea is to talk about a WIP, something that isn't released yet, either being subbed or still being written, so you can find out what your favorite authors are doing. So I'm going to post the questions for this and then follow it up with links to other authors and their blogs.


Ten Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:


What is your working title of your book? Be My Alien (Moonlit Skies #1), which I’m co-writing with M.A. Church.

Where did the idea come from for the book? It began as a story for a Valentine’s Day anthology. We were each going to participate, so then we thought why not write a story together? I’d edited two of MA’s books, Nighttime Wishes and Nighttime Dreams, plus I’m helping to edit The Harvest, which are all about aliens. So she rather put me in the mood for aliens, and as I’d never written an alien story, I thought it might be interesting. Once we started to write, we realized it was more than a story, it was going to be a series of books.

What genre does your book fall under? m/m sci fi romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 
Honestly, I don’t know. MA picked out Ben Barnes for Reed and Travis Fimmel for Taz. I’ll go with that.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A Southern boy in the big city takes in a lost traveler and gets more than he bargained for when he discovers a whole new meaning to out-of-towner

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?  We’ve already subbed the first book to a publisher.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I think a month or so? I’m not actually sure.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? That’s hard to say, as I’ve only read Nighttime Wishes, Nighttime Dreams, and The Harvest, so I guess those are the ones I’d compare it to.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? I guess you could say that a really early inspiration might be My Favorite Martian. I used to love that show back in the day. But more specifically, it was M.A. and her obsession with aliens that was the true catalyst.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Reed, the human in the story, owns a men’s boutique but it’s what’s in the backroom that is truly interesting—sexy clothes and toys and DVD’s. As for Taz, when he gets horny, you can see his stripes—and his tail. 



And now for the authors I've tagged:

M.A. Church:  http://machurch00.blogspot.com



Message for the tagged authors and interested others:
Rules of the Next Big Thing
***Use this format for your post
***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (work in progress)
***Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.
Ten Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:
What is your working title of your book?
Where did the idea come from for the book?
What genre does your book fall under?
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Include the link of who tagged you and this explanation for the people you have tagged.
Be sure to line up your five people in advance.

I'll apologize in advance if I've screwed this up lol


No comments:

Post a Comment