Saturday, May 23, 2015

My Sexy Saturday: When Will I Be Loved

This week's theme fits perfectly with my upcoming release, as you can tell by looking at the title. 'When Will I Be Loved was a Linda Ronstadt song, and it also characterizes Miller's search for the man who is meant for him, assuming he even exists.



In this excerpt, Holt has sent flowers to Miller, and asked Miller to call him.

Miller was in imminent danger of coming undone. He swallowed, took a deep breath, and tried to keep his voice from jumping an octave. “Good morning... Holt.”

“I was hoping you’d call.”

“Me too. I mean, of course. I mean, I’m sorry to take so long. I’d have called sooner, but...” Damn, he could barely string two coherent words together today. Let’s try this again.

“I understand entirely. You’re at work, you’re busy...” Holt’s soothing voice, rather than calming Miller, poured oil on the flames of his desire. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair, grateful he was alone at reception for the moment. Although it would be a while before he attempted to stand.

“The flowers are beautiful, thank you very much .I didn’t expect them. They’re... they’re simply beautiful.” He probably has no idea what they mean.

“They mean love at first sight,” Holt murmured. “Each shade has its own meaning. I chose those for a reason.”


Damn. He does know.


No comments:

Post a Comment